Increase the value of your home with a new coat of paint.
At 360° PAINTING, we understand that selecting the right painting company can be challenging. To assist you, we have prepared the following outline of the step-by-step process we follow each and every time we paint. It is our attention to detail and professionalism that will ensure that your job is completed to your satisfaction without the hassles commonly experienced when dealing with an ordinary painting contractor. We look forward to working with you on this project, and on all your future painting needs!
- Once you have selected your colors, we will gladly offer input with regard to the finish and type of paint that should be used. Samples can be applied if requested, allowing you a chance to experience the color before the work begins.
- We ask that you close all windows and storm windows. If you are unable to close the windows, we will make arrangements with you to get this step completed.
- Prior to applying any paint, we will protect all plants, furniture and grills with drop cloths or plastic coverings.
- We will remove all shutters.
- We will wash the house to remove dirt and mildew. A biodegradable detergent or bleach may be used if the mildew is extensive. Drying time may vary, but typically the house is ready for paint the next morning.
- We will scrape and feather-sand the surface to remove all of the old paint.
- We will putty all window sashes, caulk holes, cracks and voids using a caulk with a 45+ year life.
- We will make any minor carpentry repairs like nailing in loose shakes, shingles or moldings at no extra charge.
- We will evaluate the exterior for any rotted or broken wood that may need replacing. If required, we will arrange for the necessary repairs. Typically this is completed at a “time and materials” rate or a firm price as agreed upon by you.
- The windows will be scraped, glazed, primed and painted. We may need access to the inside of the house to remove storm windows and to gain access to windows behind them. Any trim, columns or soffits will also be prepared for painting.
- We will re-evaluate the surface condition of home and, if necessary, sand, caulk and putty.
- Areas like doors, foundations, shutters and inside porches are treated separately and are usually prepared and painted at the same time.
- We will spot prime any re-sanded surfaces. We will not paint any areas until they are dry and ready to be painted.
- We will apply the paint in most areas using a brush or a roller. However, spray techniques produce a better finish for some surfaces like aluminum siding.
- We will remove the storm windows so the exterior of the windows may be painted – typically we need access to the house to remove the storm windows. We recommend that any doors that have been painted should be left open or ajar for approximately four (4) hours to dry.
- We will apply a finish coat to all trim work including windows, doors and soffits.
- The front of all shutters will be painted and replaced when dry.
- We will complete our own final inspection of the home’s surface condition and make any necessary final touch-ups.
- A final walk -hrough will be conducted with you to ensure your total satisfaction.
As demonstrated by our attention to detail, we understand how important your house is to you! Your satisfaction is so important to us that we don’t consider the job complete until you say it’s complete. We look forward to providing you with a written estimate; should you have any questions in the interim, please do not hesitate to contact 360° PAINTING.