5 Things to Ask Before Hiring a Painting Contractor in Bastrop
Let’s face it, DIY painting projects on your Bastrop home can be messy, time consuming, and never produce the same crisp, smooth finishes that you get from hiring a professional painting contractor. While a skilled painting contractor can deliver stunning results without the mess, an unqualified contractor can lead to headaches and less than desirable results. So how do you ensure that you hire the right one?
At 360° Painting® Austin-Bastrop, we know that hiring a painting contractor to work in your home is a big deal. After all, your house is your family’s home and also a valuable asset, so you want to make sure it’s in the best hands. Knowing the right questions to ask can allow you to make an informed decision with confidence.
How to Hire a Painting Contractor in Bastrop
Before booking a painter to do work in your home, schedule consultations and ask these five questions. Asking detailed questions now can save you time and money later.
- Will the painting contractor offer a guarantee on the work done in your Bastrop home? Before getting into more detailed questions, ask if they offer a guarantee. A reputable painting contractor should offer a guarantee on their preparation and application process. If they don’t, it says a lot about the confidence they have in their workmanship. At 360° Painting Austin-Bastrop, we stand behind the work performed by our painting contractors, and are proud to guarantee every job for a full two years from the date of completion.
- How long has the company been in business? If the company you hire suddenly closes, your guarantee is meaningless, so it’s a good idea to ask how long they have been in business. Locally owned and operated, 360° Painting Austin-Bastrop has been working with homeowners throughout the Greater Austin metropolitan area for years, providing experienced painting contractors for any job, big or small.
- Is a free color consultation included? If you’re not sure what color or finish would achieve the look you’re going for, you should be able to get advice from your painting contractor free of charge. At 360° Painting Austin-Bastrop, we provide free color consultations and can suggest colors, techniques, and special finishes to bring your vision to life.
- Which paint brands will be used? Low quality paints produce low quality finishes, so be sure to ask which brands will be used in your home. At 360° Painting Austin-Bastrop, our painting contractors use only the highest quality paints from PPG, Sherwin-Williams, and Benjamin Moore for a smooth, quality finish you’ll enjoy for years to come.
- How will your home be prepared and protected before painting? As Alexander Graham Bell once said “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success”, and these words especially apply to painting. At 360° Painting Austin-Bastrop, we apply our proven 20 step process to every painting project, big or small, to ensure our high standards are always met. To prepare, we cover furniture and floors, repair cracks and holes, spot prime repairs, and hand sand and scrape all surfaces to be painted. Once painting begins, we will evaluate our work after each coat of paint is applied and apply touch ups if needed. Lastly, we will clean the workspace and inspect our work before performing a final walkthrough with you. Only when you are 100% satisfied is the job considered done.
The painting contractors from 360° Painting Austin-Bastrop also serve the city of Austin and look forward to assisting you with your next project. Call us today at (512)522-5909 to schedule your free in-person consultation and estimate.