Questions to Ask Your Painting Contractor in Cleveland
Overwhelmed at the thought of your next painting project? Picking colors, repairing walls, and gathering supplies can be hassle enough, and then you still have to paint and cleanup. For all these reasons, many homeowners in the Cleveland area decide to put down the brush and hire a painting contractor. But how do you know the painting contractor you hire has the experience, knowledge, and tools needed to deliver a quality paint job?
At 360° Painting® Cleveland, we know that choosing the right painting contractor can be the difference in a perfect finish and one that makes you cringe. Asking questions, and knowing which questions to ask, can help you make a confident choice.
How to Choose a Painting Contractor in Cleveland
Before you book a painter, schedule an in-person consultation and ask these five questions. The time you take now can save you money and hassles in the long run.
- How long has the company been in business? Do they have experience and a national company to back them? The painting industry has a high turnover rate, and not all painters have experience with every type of project. You want to make sure the painting contractor you hire has experience needed for your project, and won’t be out of business next week. 360° Painting Cleveland has been serving Cleveland and Cuyahoga County for years and has many satisfied customers. We’ve completed a wide variety of interior and exterior painting projects, removed wallpaper, and repaired walls and ceilings in many homes. We also carry workers’ compensation and liability insurance for peace of mind.
- Will the painting contractor guarantee their work? Any reputable company should provide a guarantee on the work they perform and if they don’t, it’s a warning. At 360° Painting Cleveland, we stand behind every job completed by our painting contractors and are proud to guarantee our work for two full years from the date of completion.
- Which paint brands will be used? The quality of the paint used on your home will affect the final result and how long the paint will last. At 360° Painting Cleveland, we only work with the highest quality paints from PPG, Sherwin-Williams, and Benjamin Moore for a finish you’ll enjoy for years to come.
- How will the painting contractor prepare your home before painting? Preparation is important for any task, but especially for painting. Failing to prepare properly can lead to damaged floors, trim with sloppy edges, and newly painted surfaces that look bumpy and unfinished.At 360° Painting Cleveland, we protect your personal belongings with plastic sheeting and your floors with canvas tarps before any work is started. We will repair cracks, remove electrical plates, and hand scrape and sand all areas to be painted. After spot priming repairs and securing loose moldings where needed, we’ll begin painting and check our work after each coat to ensure a smooth and even finish. When finished, we’ll clean up our workspace, inspect our work, and then walk through the job with you for a final inspection to be sure you are 100% satisfied with our results.
- How long will the job take from start to finish? Before you book a job, ask how many days they will need to work in your home, and how long the project will take from start to finish. At 360° Painting Cleveland, we know your time is precious and although jobs do vary in size, our contractors complete projects as promised.
The painting contractors from 360° Painting Cleveland look forward to assisting you with your next project, big or small. Call us at (440)490-5080 for your free in-person consultation and written estimate.